£0.00 0
Item Item Price Saving QTY
0 bottle(s)

Subtotal (excl. delivery) £0.00

View your shopping basket

Tasting notes

"I massively rate this Chenin – its complexity and depth of flavour is truly exceptional" Davy Zyw
Buyer for South Africa
Map showing Stellenbosch WO
Tasting note information
If you’re looking for a smart Chenin Blanc with amazing depth of flavour, Stellenrust is a very good buy. Established in 1928, Stellenrust is one of South Africa’s most successful family owned wineries. Like many Cape estates, Chenin Blanc is something of a speciality of theirs. But few estates lavish quite as much care and attention on this Loire Valley favourite as this wine has enjoyed. First, the fruit is hand harvested from old bush vines aged 30 years and more. After pressing, 88% of the fruit is fermented in stainless steel, while the remaining 12% is aged in old oak to give a greater degree of complexity. Then five months on lees produces a creamy texture that makes the wine ideal to serve solo, or with salads or carpaccio of tuna.